Who we work with
We often find that one person from within the family comes to us for help. This person tends to be from the ‘sandwich generation’; they have parents advancing in years and a younger generation in, or moving towards, adulthood. Talking about money is tough, uncomfortable and often avoided.
But one generation needs to seek the necessary help, and start to build a healthy approach to how the family handles the issue of money. Because the truth is that we can't keep putting things off because they're not easy, and the problems caused by delays are far worse than the difficulties of dealing with things now. We at The Family Elephant are ready to work with you.
The senior generation
- "My health is deteriorating"
- "I’m losing my independence"
- "I feel forgotten"
- "I’ve got too much time to think!"
The sandwich generation
- "I feel caught in the middle"
- "I’m worried about my parents’ health"
- "I have to support everyone financially"
- "Life and work is just too busy"
The younger generation
- "I need things to happen now"
- "How can I get on the property ladder?"
- "My mental health is suffering"
- "How do I start out on my own?"
The youngest generation
- "Where is the best school for them?"
- "Could their parents benefit from some help with childcare costs?"
- "Do they have enough time with their grandparents?"